Ecumenical preparation during Advent
posted by Kaihsu Tai on January 6th, 2008
- Sunday 16 December 2007: carol service at New Road Baptist Church.
- Friday 21 and Tuesday 25 December: carol singing at the Oxford railway station and Christmas lunch with Saint Michael-at-the-Northgate.
- Monday 24 December: vigil and Mass at Blackfriars, Oxford. This ended up with me being served hot chocolate and mince pie by the Dominican brothers after midnight.
- Friday 28 December (Holy Innocents): Mass at Saint Thomas (Becket) the Martyr, Oxford, under the care of the flying bishop of Ebbsfleet. Blackfriars is lower-church than this one! The Anglo-Catholics are at risk of becoming a caricature of a â€˜Romishâ€™ past of a church which has moved on since Vatican II.
- Sunday 30 December: Temple Cowley United Reformed Church, which suffered an arson attack on Christmas Day.
- Sunday 6 January (eve of the Nativity of Christ in the Old Style (Julian) Calendar): Saint Nicholas the Wonderworker, Oxford, under the jurisdiction of the Diocese of Sourozh, Patriarchate of Moscow.
Both comments and pings are currently closed.