Worcester area peace calendar, September and October 2009
(Events shamelessly lifted from Michael True’s latest e-mail. Please send your events to email@example.com or post a comment.)
There is an antiwar vigil every Tuesday in Lincoln Square from 3:30-4:30pm.
- Saturday, September 26, “Rally Against the War in Afghanistan,” Noon-1 p.m., Elm Park, Highland St. and Park Ave. Sponsored by Worcester Peaceworks: Tel. 508-757-5873
- Saturday, October 3, 10 a.m.-4 p.m., “Stepping Into the Tragic Gap: Nonviolence and Reconciliation with Nations at War,” the annual St. Francis Day Celebration of the Agape Community, Ware, MA with Kathy Kelly, Rabbi Sheila Weinberg, Raymond Helmick, S.J., Skip Schiel, and other activists involved in efforts to resolve the conflict in Israel/Palestine: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Saturday, October 10, “Creating Positive Change Through Action,” The Tri-State Youth Conference on Nonviolence at the College of the Holy Cross, Worcester: email: email@example.com Tel: 508-508-344-8166
- Saturday, October 17, 9:30-11 a.m.the first public event of the Center for Nonviolent Solutions, Saxe Room, Worcester Public Library, with Colman McCarthy and Congressman James McGovern.
Also: Worcester Veg Events from VegWorcester…
- On Saturday October 10, Buddha Hut is hosting an all-you-can-eat vegetarian buffet as a fundraiser for VegWorcester. It’s $10 for the buffet and 10% of your bill will be automatically donated to VegWorcester. Come anytime between noon and 7pm. (Join the facebook event.)
- On Sunday October 18, VegWorcester and Worcester Earn-A-Bike are hosting a 20 miles bike ride out to Maple Farm Animal Sanctuary’s annual open house. (Don’t worry, the ride will paced for casual bikers not racers.) There will be food, speakers, rescued farmed animals, tours of the sanctuary, lots of fun. The open house starts at 1pm and our bike ride is leaving downtown Worcester at 9am. More details will be posted on VegWorcester.com soon.
- On Saturday October 31 and Sunday November 1, we’re carpooling out the Boston Vegetarian Food Festival in Roxbury. We may rent a van and take a big group out to Boston together. Check the VegWorcester blog for news.