Worcester election results, 2007 vs. 2009
Here are the election results for the Worcester City Council At-Large race in 2009, compared to 2007. The data points are the % of ballots cast for each candidate.
Some obvious points:
- Emmanuel Tsitsilianos did very poorly.
- Joe O’Brien did very well.
- Aside from O’Brien, challengers this time did worse than last time.
- Petty and Toomey are stronger, Rushton and Lukes are weaker. Rushton and Petty basically switched places.
- Two incumbents were forced off the council last time (Perotto and Irish), none were forced off in 2009.
(Yes, charts for district and School Committee races are forthcoming.)