508 #161: Issues 1.0
508 is a show about Worcester.
Here’s what we have of the 1.0 list of â€œwhat do you want the candidates to be discussing as they compete for votes in this yearâ€™s election?â€ (Thanks, Jay Rosen). We’ll be fleshing out the questions in the coming weeks, and redrafting the list once a month till the election. We’re trying to keep the questions/framing to 50 words or less.
- What’s your position on school privitization?
- City departments, particularly the police department, have information that can help the public make good decisions about running the city. That information is hard to access, some would say impossible. What would you do to change that?
- What is local government’s role in regulating the day-to-day lives of citizens? Is there a limit?
- What’s your personal vision for the city of Worcester?
- Sustainability (we’re hashing this one out on Google+). [23:30]
- Something about the relationship between the City Council and City Manager. (We’re hashing this one out on Facebook.)
- Why do you oppose neighborhood councils? (Or, what is your position on neighborhood councils?)
- Where should the city draw the line in taking responsibility for development? Where should the city draw the line when selling off existing assets? How should the city of Worcester be making its money? What is the correct tax rate for Worcester homeowners?
Also: Nice feature in Womag.
You can watch 508 Fridays at 7pm on WCCA TV13.