Public events in Worcester federal building: talk to manager?

posted by Mike on July 4th, 2008

A few weeks back, Ken Hannaford-Ricardi went into the Worcester federal building to see about getting a permit to hold a political/religious event there. After being sent to various offices, and waiting several days for people to check around about a permit, he was told that nobody knew about such a permit. He wrote to the judge in our civil disobedience case, letting him know that getting a permit was not so straightforward as the US Attorney made it out to be.

Now the Government has written a letter in reply, saying that the Building Manager is the person to approach, as per Code of Federal Regulations 41 S. 102-74.460 through S. 102-74.555.

When we’ve had a chance to approach the Building Manager, I’ll post the results here.

You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

One Comment Leave a comment.

  1. On July 4, 2008 at 09:50 Kaihsu Tai said:

    This seems to be a permanent link to 41 CFR 102-74. It is written in a cute way like a set of (not-so-)frequently-asked questions: ‘What is the scope of this subpart?’, ‘If a permit involves demonstrations or activities that may lead to civil disturbances, what action must a Federal agency take before approving such a permit application?’, ‘How much time does the Regional Officer have to affirm or reverse the Federal agency buildings manager’s decision after receiving the notification of appeal from the affected person or organization?’, ‘May Federal agencies advise the public of the presence of any permittees and their non-affiliation with the Federal Government?’

Leave a comment